Thursday, November 12, 2009

Katie

Last week the kitchen renovation and just about everything came to a halt. A young mother in our ward, Katie Young, was killed in a car accident the day before Halloween. It was all so very tragic. Her son is 8 years old and her daughter is 5. She was a sweet and lovely woman. The ward rallied around the family and the acts of service were constant and amazing. I was heavily involved and was inundated with calls from people in several wards in the area wanting to help.

The funeral was Friday, the 6th, and it was lovely. There were about 250 people there and 150 came back to the church for the reception following. There seemed to be at least that many people helping. At times I felt like I was making up things for people to do! The kitchen got a little crowded at times.

To see a life end so early, and a family whose temporary separation will last longer than most, was saddening. My gratitude for temple marriage and our eternal family is boundless. I am so grateful for my sweet kiddos and their righteous lives. I know we will be together FOREVER.

Please, please, please, remember to wear your seatbelts ALWAYS; even if you are just going around the block.

No comments: