Friday, October 16, 2009

Water!

We have had a lot of rain the past couple of weeks, but that wasn't the most troublesome water.

I went to NC with Bethany on Friday, October 2, for a visit. Bethany went home all by herself on Sunday. Thanks, sweetie, for the ride! David came to NC Wednesday afternoon to visit grandbabies and go to the county fair. On beautiful, clear, Thursday we had a great, long afternoon at the Dixie Classic Fair and then we started home in the evening. Friday morning after class, David was off to northern VA for a conference. I had considered going to "Time Out for Women" in Richmond for the weekend, but it looked like it was going to be too hectic. Friday night Bethany and I went to "La Boheme" my favorite opera.

Saturday morning I woke up way before my alarm for a very busy day of church and social obligations. That all changed when I went into the kitchen and noticed a puddle in the laundry room.

Yep, it was the water heater. David was at his conference with his cell phone off (surprise!) and our home teacher didn't answer his phone either. Well, I went up the chain of command and called the Stake President! He came right over. Long story short, he and another brother had the old water heater to the dump and the new one installed by mid afternoon. It is really nice. We are especially grateful for the expertise and unselfish service of friends! David missed all the work -- and excitement.

Spending all that time in the home improvement store started me really thinking about the state of our kitchen, but that will be for another post.

It is still raining.

No comments: